I love these. I usually serve them with turkey bacon or sausage, or even frittata muffins.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
1 medium to large sweet potato, baked until soft, without skin
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or, cow’s milk if you prefer)
¼ cup oil
1 cup flour, whole wheat, or wheat/white mix
- Preheat griddle.
- In large mixing bowl, mash sweet potato with sugar, add milk slowly and beat until smooth.
- When griddle hot enough, add a little light olive oil or canola oil.
- Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl.
- Pour into pancakes and cook until lightly browned on each side.
- Serve with powdered turbinado sugar or your favorite syrup, or eat plain.