My son told me one day he suddenly didn’t like the texture of sweet potato pancakes anymore. So, I found this recipe for pumpkin pancakes. I’m including a recipe for frittata muffins as they’re great together. Oddly enough, we have found that lemon curd, or orange curd, is excellent with pumpkin pancakes. Enjoy!
1½ cups milk*
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons oil**
½ teaspoon allspice
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon ginger
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups flour ***
* I use unsweetened almond milk
** I use light flavored olive oil
*** I use 1 cup whole wheat flour & 1 cup unbleached enriched white or ultragrain flour
1) Mix the milk, pumpkin puree, egg, oil, lemon juice, and brown sugar together.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
3) Cook on hot griddle and serve with turkey bacon, frittata muffins, or sausage.
10 large eggs
shredded cheese (optional)
leftover shredded bacon, sausage, chicken (optional)
garlic powder, onion powder, or dill (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Grease muffin tin. Add shredded cheese, spices, meat, or whatever else you want into individual muffin holders.
3) Beat eggs well.
4) Pour eggs on top of cheese/meat/spices, dividing eggs equally into 12 muffin holders.
5) Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool slightly. Can keep for 2-3 days and reheat if any frittata muffins remain.