This is not kosher style at all, nor is it health conscious, nor is it gluten free. This is a quick and easy meal for the weekday when you have little time, and it’s cold outside. My kids loved it and it’s very filling.The beef comes out to be like brisket. I have only made this once, so I will most likely tweak the recipe in the upcoming weeks, as I would like to replace the beef with turkey. I would say it serves 4-5 people, but it depends upon appetites.
Crock Pot Stroganoff
2 lbs beef, sliced in thin strips, as if for stir fry (I used eye of round)
1-2 sweet onions, diced or pureed
1 zucchini, pureed
3 garlic cloves
2 cups beef broth (no msg, no caramel coloring)
flour (I used whole wheat/white enriched mix)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup couscous (I used whole wheat)
10 oz frozen broccoli
12 oz all natural sour cream or greek yogurt
1) Dredge beef strips in flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
2) Place beef in crock pot on low. Add remaining ingredients, except for couscous, broccoli, and sour cream. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
3) About 10 minutes before serving meal, add broccoli and take 1 1/2 cups warm beef broth from the crock pot and bring to boil in pot (or, put in microwave safe quart-sized bowl for 3-3 1/2 minutes on high and cover bowl to avoid splattering).
4) Add sour cream to crock pot.
5) In pot, or bowl, add couscous and season to taste. Cover pot or bowl for 5 minutes.
6) Turn off crock pot. Serve crock pot stroganoff over couscous.