1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs with skin and bone
10+ cups water
2-3 carrots, scrubbed and peeled, and broken in half (or diced)
2-3 ribs of celery, rinsed thoroughly and broken in half (or diced)
1 sweet onion, sliced or diced, depending on preference
2 cloves of garlic
8 oz egg noodles or alphabet noodles, etc.
1) Place all ingredients EXCEPT for the noodles in 8 qt stock pot. (I like to fill the pot 2/3 full with water to cover the rest of the ingredients.)
2) Add pepper and salt to taste.
3) Cook on medium low for an hour.
4) Let soup cool down and remove chicken thighs, CAREFULLY. Set aside to cool. When cool, remove skin and bones, dice and add back to soup.
5) If you don’t want carrots or celery in your soup, remove them now, which is why I said to break them in half or dice them, depending on how you like it. The same goes for the onion.
6) Skim the fat off the top of the soup with a spoon.
7) Bring the soup back to a boil and add noodles. Serve. Yum.